Yes, a rates page. A nice surprise, isn't it?
Below, you'll find the rates I charge for single projects. I don't charge per word, hour or day (unless you're an agency and would like a retainer agreement). I charge for the value provided to you through my services.
Good writing in marketing is expensive because it's a lead generation asset. Really good writing costs more. The things I write for you are designed to bring long-lasting uplift in revenue.
When I wrote for an audience of board level university administrators at institutions including MIT, Oxford, Cambridge and Melbourne, there was no room for mistakes. Language had to be crisp and effective, moving the needle on 6- and 7-figure contracts. I know what it means to have the responsibility of writing the right thing.
Yet you'll find that my rates are hardly different from the national average for freelance copywriters.
Charging fair rates means I don't have to absolutely cram my schedule with work, ensuring clarity and creative freedom for the projects I do choose. And that means much better work gets done for you.
What do I get for the money?
- Premium writing that's a joy to read and a long-term marketing asset.
- Promises kept and delivered on time
- Regular communication
- A commitment to achieving your business goals
- A commitment to excellence
Website copywriting package
Your entire site, but better. Writing that'll turbocharge your brand and, turn your site into a sales machine.
No solutions, bespoke, or very. Proper writing. With clarity, personality, and persuasion.
This package includes copy for:
- One additional page
All on-brand, in tone, carefully crafted for an optimal sales funnel.
This requires a briefing session, on a call or in person. We'll need time to bring out exactly what you want to communicate through your site. Expect 1-2 hours for the briefing session, 3 days for the project, and an additional day for rewrites.
Must be booked in advance.
Price - £1500
Book a briefing session here.
- SEO / keyword analysis
- Meta-tagging for SEO
You'll also get one round of reasonable amends included. Expect this to take a full day, plus an hour or two for rewrites.
1000 words - £300
2000 words - £450
Get in touch to book some writing.
Content Strategy Plan
Marketers who document strategy are 538% more successful than those that don't, according to CoSchedule.
You know you need to blog more and post on social, but you're not sure where to start. You're posting photos daily but they're not translating into sales. Time to step back and make a real plan.
First, we look at your organisational goals. Then apply marketing strategy frameworks to cutting-edge content strategies, tools and workflows. Then lay it all out in an elegant, actionable plan with usable processes.
- the best content to serve your goals
- keyword analysis
- SEO recommendations
- creative branding ideas
The deliverable is a 4-6 page document, with a calendar system set up for you on Airtable.
This also includes guides on how to source royalty-free imagery, schedule posts for maximum impact, and cite scientific studies that support your marketing.
Contact me to set your strategy up for success.
Agency day rate
£350 full day
£200 half day
Both retainer agreements and single projects are available. I normally dedicate 6-8 days per month to agency work - get in touch to find out my availability.
Looking for something a bit more bespoke? I can price by the project, too, with an itemised quote.
Talk to me and let me know what you'd like.
- Partial payment up-front - this is to reduce risk for both parties. I've wasted much time on this earth chasing unpaid invoices. I am not a bank; I do not extend credit. Much like you expect the work to be delivered on time, I expect payment on time. If we enter into a retainer agreement, it'd be 50% up-front before any work takes place, then we can move to post-work payments.
- 14-day invoice terms - occasionally, it'll be 0-day terms (100% up-front), but I can make 14 work. It's 2019, and payments can be made in the blink of an eye. When you take your clients out to a restaurant, do you expect to pay the bill a few weeks after? No? Then it's the same for freelancers.
- Late payments are subject to fees - as outlined by government guidelines on commercial debt recovery.
- Late payers will be chased, hounded, harassed and sued - which isn't fun for anyone, including myself.